The Withings Health Mate app™ needs access to:
- your Identity to allow the sending of Push notifications.
- the Camera to measure your heart rate thanks to your phone’s flashlight. This permission is also necessary to take a profile picture.
- Photos / Multimedia / Files storage to store your pictures in the cache (profile pictures, badges, Timeline items).
- the Internet to send and receive data from the Internet.
Note that the Withings Health Mate app™ only needs access to the permissions above to let you enjoy all the app functionalities. Please be assured that the access to these permissions is exclusive.
All Withings products need access to the Bluetooth settings of your phone to communicate with the Withings Health Mate app™. This permission is also necessary to enable or disable Bluetooth directly in the app, without going to your phone’s Settings each time.
Note that the access to the Bluetooth settings is only asked when installing a Withings device in Bluetooth. The users who have a device configured in Wi-Fi or no device at all are not concerned.
Note: the Location data are used on Android 6 or higher to detect your Withings devices in Bluetooth. For more information about the latest Google permission requirements, see Google's Android 6.0 Changes document.
Withings Steel HR
The Withings Health Mate App™ needs access to the permissions below to enable the display of notifications on your Withings Steel HR:
If the Notifications option is enabled on your Withings Steel HR, you also have to disable the battery optimizations so that the Withings Health Mate app™ can communicate with your watch all the time and transfer your notifications. Click here for more information.
Note that the Withings Health Mate app™ only needs access to the permissions above to transfer the notifications received on your phone to your Withings Steel HR. Please be assured that the access to these permissions is exclusive. Therefore, we do not have access to their content.
All Withings scales need access to:
- the Wi-Fi Connection Information to enable their setup in Wi-Fi from the app.
- the Location data of your phone so that the app could geographically locate your Withings scales.
The Withings Aura needs access to the Wi-Fi Connection Information to enable its setup in Wi-Fi from the app.